Because more people are travelling independently, numbers have gone down, making the seasons on-site shorter/broken up. Therefore, a season that would normally run from the end of Feb to the end of April, now has a two week break in the middle. This causes two seperate staff groups. One group ending on April 1st, and a new team starting on the 15th. So when the kids left on the 30th, we had a staff night out and partied a little too hard.
We started with dinner at the Fish Fry (area of Nassau, and most Bahamian islands, where the dockside fish restaurants are located) where a friend of ours, Bobo, has a restaurant called Oh Andros! (island where he is from). Before we sat for dinner, we had a couple cocktails at another fish shack, Goldie's, where there was Karaoke going on. Oh my. Now, I would put that video up, but it is like torture, so I'll spare you. Plus, the one that is up of Blue doing the Souldya Boy dance is way funnier. After a few ear-bleeding songs, we went over to Bobo's restaurant and ordered more drinks and ate so much good food. Now, Liz, the program director from Freeport, didnt drink in Freeport. I thought she was always dry, but apparently only for that month. Because all of a sudden I hear, "PRITI, TEQUILA NOW!" and I turn around and its Liz, waiting for her shot. Thats when I figured out that she was only on a break and is apparently a boozehound like myself. So we have not one, but two, double shots of Tequila together. She definitely made up for lost time. Food food food. I had grilled grouper, Bahamian style baked mac n'cheese, peas and rice, and plantains. This is a typical Bahamian meal (except usually the fish is fried, but most of you know how that makes my stomach feel). After my multiple shots with Liz, I ran into an old friend of mine, Casey, that bartends at one of the clubs that our kids go to, Cocktails and Dreams. We've known each other since I started coming down in 02, so it was good to see him and catch up.
After dinner we went to Senor Frogs. I made a pit stop with a couple of my staff to Frankie's room to smoke and an hour and 6 where-r-u calls later, we got to Senor Frogs. Then it was time to really party. Several buckets of Dos Equis, a bottle of tequila, and an already plastered staff, we danced and danced and danced. and drank. After that we went to Waterloo where people started to blackout and had to be carried home. Around 4:30am that night we called it quits and fumbled to the cars to get home. People started flying out at 6am that morning. I'm so glad I wasnt one of them.



No comments:
Post a Comment