Sunday, March 30, 2008

24 hours in the life of....

So here is a day in the life of Priti:
Today I have to pay vendors. Karen, my roommate decides to come with me for something to do. I have to go to West Coast Grill, Senor Frogs, Hard Rock Cafe and Conch Fritters. West Coast grill goes fine. We get to Senor Frogs and Karen goes into the Straw Market to buy some gifts. I find Joaquin to settle up. Tonna says hello and offers me a drink. I tell him I am waiting for my friend to join me. Joaquin asks for a bit of time because he is really busy. No problem, its the Bahamas, Im in no rush. My buddy Iko is MCing today. Karen eventually shows up with gifts for Gram, Mom, etc. Tonna is ready for Tequila. I say only one shot because I normally dont drink when I am working. We have one shot of 80 degree Jose, yum. Joaquin is still off somewhere. Tonna, "More Tequila." Priti, "No, I am working, but thanks." Tonna, "Ok two tequilas." Karen doesnt help the matter much by egging Tonna along. 7 shots later, Joaquin is ready to go over things, great. Then its time for a karaoke singalong with Iko, and a group contest that I had no business doing, but we totally won (video below). What is going on. Then we have a fun surprise and run into our friends from Freeport (bartenders from Sparky's). They just happened to come to Nassau for the weekend to hang out. We have a shot together and tell them to come to the club tonight. Karen has to get back to the hotel for her shift but decide to make a quick stop by the other hotel to say hi to our staff, not at all on the way back. We pull up to an ambulance, wheelchairs, and a luggage cart full of our kids. It must be Frankie's All-U-Can-Drink Snorkel Cruise. Three kids ready for the hospital. I put my game face on and off I go to Princess Margaret and Doctors Hospital, talking to parents, friends, doctors. After that I go back to the hotel, 15 min drive over the club to drop something off, drive back to the hotel, run, shower, and back to the club. Tonight a NYC DJ that we brought in is spinning, DJ Spinbad. And the MTV personalities that we also brought in will be there, Tricia (pic below) and Isaac from the Real World Sydney (anyone seen it? I had no idea who they were). So we dance, drink, have a shot with our Freeport gys, hang out and then take Spindbad's limo back to the hotel where his sidekick tried real hard to get in my pants, I send him off and go to bed. Finally done with my day.








No comments: