Miami was a very relaxing and restful time. Mainly because I got a massive chest cold and had to sleep it off. So I slept, laid out and ate and it was great. Ange was working on her final papers (SO glad I'm not in school) and occasionally freaking out, so I got to spend a lot time recouperating from my cold and my previous 6 weeks of straight partying. I did manage to do some fun things when I wasn't sleeping or being lazy: kayaking in Oleta State Park in North Miami, downtown at the Blue Martini for drinks and dancing, and sunning in south beach. I also shopped myself to exhaustion getting things for my Bahamian friends. Because things aren't widely available/affordable on the island, whenever someone goes over to the states they have a shopping list on hand for their friends. I got things from Victoria's Secret scents to a cordless computer mouse. I remember a few years ago when I had a friend visiting, I emailed him my own list of goods including things like face make-up and contact solution. I once paid $8 for a bottle of Suave conditioner on the island. All of this is why people get their goods abroad.
After 8 seemingly short days, it was time to leave Angela and Miami. I really enjoyed the city with its international vibrance and melding of so many rich cultures. And Angela, she's my best friend in the whole world, so its hard to say goodbye everytime. But before I knew it was time to head to back to Nassau, which is also great, but it was a sad parting until next time.


1 comment:
OMG i just read your blogs, i am beyond jealous. how i miss those times. :( tell tracey i said hiiiiiiii.
love to you both!
xoxo
Dawn
Post a Comment